Tuesday 10 April 2018

10/4/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 10/4/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!


All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #14
"Who ya texting?"
"My people."
"You actually have those?"
"Yes. I own them."
"...Those are called SLAVES!"

The above dialogue prompt derived from one of the first coherent conversations I had with my younger sister when we were reunited for the first time since I left for university on September 1st, on November 11th for my Grandma's 70th birthday party. We had obviously spoken since then but not face to face, and once the initial crying etc. had passed, we were back to our usual sass. Over dinner, my sister was texting someone, evidently a group chat filled with her "people". We both ended up laughing hysterically at the idea of her texting her slaves. It was honestly so good to actually just spend time laughing with her. I miss her a lot while I am away from home.

I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile
Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra
- Imogen. L. Smiley

1 comment: