Sunday 22 April 2018

22/4/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 22/4/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 16/4/18 and ending today, 22/4/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

Here Comes The Sun by The Beatles!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS30bEO2aEU

If I tell you the honest truth as to why this is my Song Of The Week, I reckon I would be laughed at, however, I won't lie. This song is solely the most played one on my YouTube due to one thing: England had a heatwave this week.

I spent my entire week soaking in the Vitamin D with this song on loop! I love this song anyway, but the fact that it was so positive and happy sounding, as well as immensely applicable to the weather, I couldn't help but have it on repeat. Albeit, I have listened to several different renditions, including Colbie Calliet's version, Gary Barlow's cover and the Glee Cast rendition, nothing could beat the original in my eyes.

This song really helped me keep my chin up as things got stressful during the week. I would just have to stand outside for a moment, think ahead to the summer, breathe and listen to this.


Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment