Sunday 29 April 2018

29/4/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 29/4/18, is the day of the next installment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 23/4/18 and ending today, 29/4/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

The Bloodstream Clare De Lune mashup by Tokio Myers!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzgFohAu1W4

I chose this song to be my Song Of The Week this week due to the fact that on Friday (27/4/18), my best friend and I went to Leicester to see Tokio Myers LIVE! We have both been huge fans of his since his debut on Britain's Got Talent last year, to the point where, after watching his audition, I declared that I hoped he would win!

Finally getting to watch Tokio perform live was an amazing experience! His work was so intimate and touching whilst also being wide-reaching. I had contemplated making this week's SOTW his piece Polaroid due to how emotive the piece had been. However, when I was discussing this decision with my best friend, she waved me off. Bloodstream was the piece that I reacted strongly to when I saw it live. And I cheered immensely loud when it was declared an extended version would be Tokio's encore!

The above photo is one that I took during Tokio's performance of Bloodstream's mash-up with Clare De Lune. More specifically, the encore. The encore rendition of this piece included almost the entire composition of the piece by Debussy before transitioning into the Ed Sheeran song. My friend and I were so happy we got to share that experience.

And so, that is why this song is my Song of the Week this week! 

Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment