Sunday 15 April 2018

15/4/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 15/4/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 9/4/18 and ending today, 15/4/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:
The Jerry Folk Remix of Oh Wonder's 'Lose It'!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhK8Ehv6aPI

So why is 'Lose It' my song of the week?
This week, I was listening to a lot of upbeat and happy music in order to write some of the scenes in my Camp NaNoWriMo piece. This is because, I have not progressed the plot far enough, as of yet, for there to be an increased level of angst. This mix helped me establish what I was to do with my characters when they are in a new environment, the wonder and bewilderment that comes from a new city being one I wished to present with the work I have been focusing on during this week. I felt that this song did this well, as there is an aspect of freedom and unfamiliarity with it when you read the lyrics.

"Your name I'll never know
As we get down in the world below
Caught up in an overflow
My hands, your bones
Wide eyed, you look at me
Set on fire in a silver dream
Spin round you can feel the breeze
Count one, two, three"
I figured, after listening to the song that it was very applicable to my characters and their situations during the piece at this point in time. Due to this, the song has been on loop a LOT since then. The sheer volume of replays is why it was such a prevalent choice of Song of the Week.


Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

1 comment: