Sunday 8 April 2018

8/4/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 8/4/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 2/4/18 and ending today, 8/4/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

Hymn For The Missing by RED
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2kTtW5f56I

This song is personally one huge throwback in terms of artistry, I was a huge fan of RED and their music when I was in Year Eleven and my first year of college, however, their music slowly found it way to being skipped on my iTunes. Until today, Sunday. When the title song of their Release The Panic album came on in the car as we travelled to the coach station, to drop me off. I had to wait through a four hour coach ride, but all I could think about was how desperately I wanted to listen to RED and the other albums.

I immediately revisited my RED nostalgia as soon as I returned to Derby. I chose today's Song Of The Week as this song was the first one I chose to listen to when I got access to my entire expanse of music. This song is very emotionally driven and that is one of the reasons I hold it in such high esteem. The piece itself sounds like a heartfelt requiem that I was eager to sink my teeth into after having left my family again for another term at university!


Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment