Tuesday 29 October 2019

29/10/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 29/10/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #26:

"If you don’t start your essay, I wont send you photos of my dogs."

The above was a genuine threat used at university when one of my friends was insisting that she was going to continue to procrastinate her essay, and instead she would spend her time procrastinating with poetry books to "give the allusion of productivity". As soon as I declared she wouldn't get updates on my dogs, she opened her word document, called me a bitch, and began to do her work.  

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment