Tuesday 1 October 2019

1/10/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt:

Today, 1/10/19, is the first instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts since my hiatus. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #22:

"I never thought that preparing for my shift would include streaming my colleague’s EP whilst avoiding the elastic band battle crossfire. I haven’t had enough espresso for this!" 

The above prompt was inspired by my experience at work. When I was working at an amusement park, we would have to go in an hour before the park opened, to count tills and whatnot, but we usually finished that quickly.

The younger members of staff seemed to have an ongoing battle taking place with elastic bands, which we were never in short supply of. They constantly recruited new members of staff to the cause, where they would just ping every elastic band they could find, at each other. 

What made this experience more amusing to reflect upon was that the EP that we were listening to was by one of my colleagues and his metal band. Which, in my opinion, added much more drama to the battle! 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment