Tuesday 1 October 2019

What's New?

So! Its been a while since I was updating this blog, and some things are due to change due to that.

For starters, I don't think I'll be posting as much writing advice here anymore, despite being a writer. I struggle to articulate advice so I am unsure how frequently I'll be sharing advice. When I make a decision about that, I'll post an update on it. Until then, don't expect to see them frequently, if at all.

Another thing that will be changing is the way I work on reviews. Instead of forcing myself to engage in literature etc. my hope is to ease myself back into reading and writing comfortably and work my way back into consuming content to review etc. This is because I got burnt out so badly during my third year of university and never recovered a passion and eagerness to read before being thrust into 40+ hours of work a week at the theme park, not including commutes.

I will however, be continuing to share weekly writing prompts, inspired by my time at university, prior to my graduation. I also intend to continue to explore characters in the form of Favourite Character Praise Friday. I will also continue to post Songs of The Week.

However, it's not all bad! I'm hoping to share new content too! A new segment that will be coming in the future of this blog is "Imogen Is A Theatre Nerd" which is where I will be gushing about my experiences as a fan of theatre and avid visitor of the West End. These posts will be fortnightly, talking about my trips from October 2018 - which is when I started recording why I loved each trip - until I have written about every trip I have been on since. Once I have caught up, these posts will cease and only reemerge when I go back to the theatre.

Another type of post which will be starting this month is "Imogen's Shoutout To_" which is where I will create a post ranting and raving about something that I have enjoyed and will vary in topic. These posts will be monthly, going live on the last day of the month, along with a corresponding Bullet Journal Spread which you'll be able to see on my instagram @Imogen_L_Smiley

Thank you so much for reading and continuing to support me as I continue my journey toward beinga a published novelist! I hope I'll make you guys proud!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment