Tuesday 6 March 2018

6/3/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 6/3/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

Prompt Ten: 
"I swear to GOD, why is it that it's Disney Night and NOBODY ELSE is dressed up!"
"I mean, I could be a pirate...?" 
"Whatever you say... OUCH! I swear to Christ!" *turns around* "If you pull at my wings one more time this Tinkerbell will tae kwon do you into the next life"

This prompt derived from my friends and I going to a nightclub for Disney Princess Night, which happened to be the same night as my friend's 21st birthday, so we did it as a double wammy party and clubbing experience. The only issue was that we were the only people in the club that were actually dressed up for Disney Night! I had gone as Maleficent, my friend Stacey had gone as the Evil Queen from Snow White and my friend Emma had gone as Tinkerbell. But drunk people kept pulling at our accessories!

Hopefully this prompt inspires something - even if it is just a smile
Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment