Tuesday 27 March 2018

27/3/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 27/3/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!



All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #12 
"I can't drown my demons, they know how to swim"
"Goddamn, I think mine know how to fucking waterski"

The above prompt derived from a conversation between myself and one of my friends about our how we deal with the stress of waiting for our grades over an extended period. We found it immensely hard to cope with the idea of waiting for weeks on end with our grades hanging in the balance. But at the end of the day, both of us managed to do well! 

I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile
Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment