Sunday 18 March 2018

18/3/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday


Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 18/3/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 12/3/18 and ending today, 18/3/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

Madilyn Bailey's cover of Closer by The Chainsmokers!
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEFzhWDfnw

I fell in ove with this cover when I first heard it several weeks ago, but lo and behold this rendition quickly became a character theme for a character I am using for a project with a friend from my course! I, therefore am suddenly much more inclined to listen to the song on loop.

I love the way that Madilyn adds lyrics from other songs by The Chainsmokers to add to the story being told by the song, the way that she performs this piece adds a lot of emotion to the pop-song that never escaped our heads two summers ago! I still know every word to this song because my sister was obsessed with it once upon a time! 

I feel that this song encompasses a lot about what I want to write in the piece I am working on at the moment, depicting characters etc. with a desperation to live life to the fullest, be spontaneous and emotional and reckless. I want to tell stories about characters that refuse to let the vitality of youth pass them by, I feel that encouraging people to take advantage of opportunities to have fun would be a great thing to do with my more realism based projects. This song, therefore, also encompasses that and is why it is the song of the week!

Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment