Tuesday 23 January 2018

23/1/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 23/1/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

Prompt Four:

"Did you seriously get splinters playing POOL?"

This was said back in September 2016, when I went to the Halls common room with my flatmates to see what was in there and they pushed me to join them in playing pool, something I had never done before, and in playing against the two of them, one at a time, I acquired three splinters in my right hand from the cue. When we went back to our flat, our other flatmates laughed at my misfortune as it seemed ridiculous that I could get not only one but three splinters from a cue.

Hopefully this prompt inspires something - even if it is just a smile
Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment