Tuesday 16 January 2018

16/1/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 16/1/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

Prompt Three:
-          “I’m sorry your lecturer couldn’t be in today, there was a family emergency!”
*next week*

“Yeah sorry I wasn’t here last week, my mother decided to throw herself down the stairs.”

This was said way back in September 2016, when my storytelling lecturer was unable to attend class and her husband, another teacher in the department covered the class on her behalf. We were initially horrified at the idea that he had to come to work when there was an emergency with his family - but when his wife returned for the next week's class we found ourselves awed by how relaxed she was by the fact that her mother had "decided to throw herself down the stairs".

Thinking back, the story is quite amusing!

Hopefully this prompt inspires something - even if it is just a smile
Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment