Sunday 7 January 2018

7/1/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 7/1/18, is the day of the first instalment of another aspect of this blog - Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 1/1/18 and ending today, 7/1/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

My Shot from Hamilton: An American Musical!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwlBxYyjrqM

I have been a fan of Hamilton for many months now. I have been listening to music, predominantly from the First Act non-stop ((pun unintended)) since I was introduced to the musical. The first song that I listened to on my own accord was My Shot all those months ago, and the song has followed me since; with it coming up as the song from the musical that most describes me. I found that that was greatly amusing as I have been described as being overly ambitious, having a one track mind and being desperate to not pass up any opportunities that come my way.

This week I have listened to My Shot very often. I found that it was a source of great motivation for writing poetry for UniSlam and coming up with other projects I can invest my time in. I found that it was great in boosting my morale and confidence in my abilities.

I love this song! Perhaps you'll give it a listen?

Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley


No comments:

Post a Comment