Tuesday 17 December 2019

17/12/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt:


Today, 17/12/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #34:

"I ran into a uni friend at the theatre, on the other side of the country!"

The above was a text that I sent a friend when I was at Hamilton with my mother, grandmother and aunt. During the intermission I had gone to purchase a programme after being told my mother would go with me to Stage Door afterwards and as I settled back down to my seat, I was tapped on the shoulder and saw my friend Sile!

      Sile and I had been friends for two years, both of us being spoken word poets and being members of the 2018 Derby Unislam team! It was really shocking to see her there as she doesn't live in the area! It was really nice to see her, and I hope she thought the same seeing me, since she was the one who ran after me to say hello. 



I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment