Tuesday 5 November 2019

5/11/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 5/11/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #27:

"I’m going to show up ten minutes late to graduation with a Starbucks just to keep the entire university experience on brand"

The above is a quote from one of my friends, who was usually cutting it fine when attending lectures, especially in her third year, due to a lengthy commute from the next city over. This meant that when she was late to class, she would make an appearance, coffee in hand as she had had no time to get one before setting off for class. Her plight became a joke amongst us, some even offering to purchase her drinks, to which she refused as she didn't know what time she'd arrive. 


I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment