Tuesday 12 November 2019

12/11/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt:

Today, 12/11/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #28:

" My lecturer just asked me if I was okay on the one day I didn’t come to class in red lipstick and winged eyeliner."

This was a genuine thing that happened to me, even though I cannot be certain my lack of makeup was what provoked his concern, it wouldn't have surprised me, as the general consensus, students and lecturers alike was that if I wasn't wearing my red lipstick especially, there was probably something wrong as I was constantly reapplying it. The fact that my lack of a statement red lip potentially evoked lecturer's to be concerned amused me immensely and thus I thought I would share


I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment