Tuesday 19 November 2019

19/11/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts

Today, 19/11/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #29:

"I thought my flatmates were having a domestic but they were just playing Mario Kart"

This was a quote from a friend's flatmate. We were at her house to celebrate her birthday for a chilled out night-in with pizza, alcohol and video games. One of her flatmates hadn't gone into the kitchen and realised that she had guests and believed that all of the incoherent shouting from the kitchen/living room was a fight between two of his housemates, who were in a relationship. Instead it was us playing video games, and once he'd laughed at himself, he produced his own controllers and set up Super Smash Bros. We played it over pizza until we nearly missed the last train home! 


I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment