Tuesday 26 November 2019

26/11/19 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt:

Today, 26/11/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #30:

" I never thought I’d see the creation of Adam from the Sistine Chapel being drunkenly rein acted on a slide with a pair of sliders"

This prompt is based on drunken shennanigans that took place during the Easter Holidays at a friend's 25th birthday party. After a lot to drink my friends and I had retreated to a nearby park to be rid of excess energy. During that time, several people in our group climbed up on top of one of those blue and orange sheltered circular benches. My friend Maya struggled to do so, so they took off their sliders, passing them to one of the other members of the party, and had to have the shoes passed back to them in a manner which, to all of us, screamed Sistine Chapel. 


I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment