Tuesday 8 May 2018

8/5/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 8/5/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!


All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #18
"Is there any real way to have a productive all-nighter before term starts?"
"Don't think so, all I've done is read smut..."
"Phew - I thought it was just me. I was on Netflix non-stop til 10am yesterday..."
"Jesus Christ!"

This conversation took place during the Christmas Break between me and my housemates. The topic of all-nighters had come up in reference to a friend who had spent over two weeks trying to reset her sleep schedule post New Years' and managed to leave her struggling to sleep properly. During the fortnight of attempts to stay up late if not up all night, methods of staying awake were tested for them. They struggled to stay awake whilst reading fanfiction as they struggled to find a finished piece they were unfamiliar with and instead sought comfort in the "student's best friend", Netflix!

I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile

Thank you for reading!

And remember:

Per Ardua Ad Astra

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment