Sunday 20 May 2018

20/5/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday!

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 20/5/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 14/5/18 and ending today, 20/5/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:
Cut To The Feeling by Carly Rae Jepson
Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlsu7RhOnsQ

I was introduced to this song after watching the Monique Heart versus The Vixen lipsync from RuPaul's Drag Race Season Ten and was surprised that I hadn't come across this song prior. I ended up playing it a lot after the outcome of that lipsync, but it declined in volume as I had to focus on listening to songs that would set the tone for my coursework pieces toward the end of the semester.

Now at home for the summer, I have the option to listen to any music I want. And so, I played this song a lot over the last week. I felt that this song was especially uplifting and summery. I found that it really set the mood for the upcoming season and warm weather that is on its way!


Thank you for reading!
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment