Tuesday 1 May 2018

1/5/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 1/5/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!


All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #17

"I can't believe a party of ten people got kicked out because you didn't have ID"
"I can't believe that they only decided to ID us after we had ordered food!"
"I can't believe that we've had to stand outside while the others ate their food!"

The above conversation derived from perhaps one of my most memorable university experiences - being kicked out of a pub / restaurant after being at a spoken word event, because the eldest member of our party, aged 21, managed to forget his ID and got the entire group removed due to it being past 10pm! It was hilarious! And none of my friends will allow him to live it down! We had ordered food and all just settled down to laugh together when we were suddenly approached and asked for ID to sit in the bar, regardless of whether we were eating, drinking etc. We tried our best to argue against it but eventually just left, laughing hysterically.


I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile

Thank you for reading!

And remember:

Per Ardua Ad Astra

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment