Tuesday 29 May 2018

29/5/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 29/5/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!


All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #21

"Only thing to do is jump over the moon~"

"Haha, hey ___, look over there,  ___ is wearing a cow onesie!"

"Hey! Hey ___! Moo with me!"

This was based upon one of my experiences watching RENT with several of my friends. For those who are unfamilar with the "Moo With Me" scene, one of the characters, Maureen, is protesting consumerism and capitalism, and the end of an age of bohemia in New York City. She does this as an old friend of hers is evicting homeless people from a space in which they were living. During this, she tells the story of her meeting a cow in a dream that jumps over the moon to escape the tyanny of 'Cyberland'.

During the end of this scene, one of my friends, noted that another member of our viewing party was wearing a cow onesie, to which we harrassed her, demanding that she moo-ed along with the protesting audience in the musical.

I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile

Thank you for reading!

And remember:

Per Ardua Ad Astra

- Imogen. L. Smiley


No comments:

Post a Comment