Tuesday 15 May 2018

15/5/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 8/5/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!


All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #19
"The picture on the hotel keycard looks like an avocado"
*door refuses to open*
"Dear Avocado God please allow us a quick and safe transition from the world of the conscious to the world of sleep!"
"Dear Avocado God, let us in the fucking room!"

I figured it was about time that I began to share quotes that derived from my experiences in Leicester as part of Team Derby for UniSlam 2018! This quote focuses on a conversation I had with my roommate during our trip - Grace, who insisted that an image on our lousy keycard was of an avocado. Every time we said a prayer to the Avocado God, the crappy door would finally decide to open, despite up to twenty attempts to open the blasted door! We were always so amazed that the stupid prayers would allow us access to our rooms and give us the chance to sleep!

I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile

Thank you for reading!

And remember:

Per Ardua Ad Astra

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment