Tuesday 22 May 2018

22/5/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 22/5/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!


All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #20
"Hah! I don't save seats for TRAITORS!"
"DUDE! I haven't seen you in a year! Let me sit with you?"
"Nope! I don't sit with TRAITORS!"
"But I want to catch up!"
"You should have thought about that before you changed unis and ended up against us!"

Like last week, I figured that I should finally start sharing prompts that derive from my experiences in Leicester for UniSlam back in January! I have been trying my best to use the quotes from years ago before recently and have finally ran out of appropriate ones that could be used as prompts! Praise!

The above prompt is a paraphrase from a conversation I had with one of my teammates from UniSlam. The two of us knew a poet from one of the opposing teams, they used to go to Derby Uni last year, and switched. Only to end up competing against us in the first bout of UniSlam! We were delighted to see them, and horrified when they named their univeristy as we would be facing them that night at Bout One! We were mortifed. Turns out every time my teammate saw them and they sought to catch up, she sassed them, calling them a traitor for betraying Derby Uni and competing against us!


I hope that this prompt inspired something - even if it was just a smile

Thank you for reading!

And remember:

Per Ardua Ad Astra

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment