Tuesday 28 January 2020

28/1/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 31/12/19, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #40:

" I hate the commute to class, I’m so hungry and tired. If my rail replacement bus doesn’t line up with the connection that takes me the rest of the way to the city, I will EAT THE DAMNED BUS"

This is a quote from one of my classmates' when we were on our way to university. She was, unfortunately, a bit farther behind us than she would have liked and thus, was likely to miss out on breakfast. My friends and I happened to be quite amused by how she had articulated herself. Then again, 9am lectures do happen to bring out the best and worst in people! 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment