Wednesday 1 January 2020

2019: A Year In Review

There are many things I wish I could say as another year greets us. I'd love to look back on the last 365 days of my life with a bright smile and say that I have zero regrets about the decisions I made. But if I were to do that, I would be lying.

There are many things I regret, when looking back on 2019: from how much time I spent reading instead of writing, how many events I found myself refusing to attend at the last minute due to having a lack of motivation, to how much money I spent on iced coffee when I had a blender at home. But, I've made my choices, and, I'm still writing, so surely any other loss was not that detrimental?

That being said, 2019 was a very long, harrowing year, filled with a number of ups and downs. But, I remember discussing the events that were to come with my friend and fellow blogger Emma, almost a year ago to the date. We had spent an age daydreaming about the amazing things that could await us, for 2019 was going to be the year of experiences: the year of theatre, the year of friendship and a year I wouldn't want to go forward and forget.

We were right to say that back then. In 2019, I went and did amazing things that I otherwise wouldn't have necessarily done. From visiting Disneyland Paris, to attending numerous shows on the West End, to meeting numerous personal goals that I won't bore you with listing. 2019 was, very much, a year of experiences.

Regardless, I am glad that the year has finally come to a close. It had been a year of many ups and downs, from losing my beloved dog, and best friend, George, to struggling with post-graduation depression, 2019, had many lows.

I look forward to going ahead into the new year, with things on the way up. I will be moving into a new house with my family in a few days, and am in the process of drafting a collection of Gothic short stories. I look forward to seeing what the year, let alone the decade has in store for me.

Happy New Year to everyone reading and I hope that 2020 is kind to you!

Thank you so much for reading!
And remember!
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment