Tuesday 14 January 2020

14/1/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Today, 14/1/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #38:

"What is a blue raspberry?"

The above is actually a quote from one of my colleagues from my former job at a theme park. On the last day of High-Season, where the majority of local schools had resumed, the staff had been allowed long, interlocked breaks. This meant that I ended up on an hour-long break in the company of not one, not two, but six of my colleagues from the same department, who had been sent on break within ten minutes of each other.

Before I had joined them, my friends and colleagues had played several of the arcade games, something staff were, generally, not allowed to do, as it meant that the large volume of guests were unable to do so. However, as the arcade was desolate, they had been allowed to purchase games. I had joined them with a tray of doughnuts and a slushie. It evoked ar ather strange conversation that led to a colleague asking the above question, leaving the rest of us flabbergasted 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment