Tuesday 4 February 2020

4/2/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Today, 4/2/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #41:

"Let’s get drunk and watch Scooby Doo 2"
      "Is that the bodyswap one?"
"I don’t know, is that the first or the second?"
"I have absolutely no idea!"
"Shit, you guys, looks like we’re getting drunk and watching BOTH live action Scooby Doo movies!"

The above is a conversation that took place at my friend's 25th birthday party. For that event, myself and about fifteen other friends of his had crammed into a hotel-apartment that was only supposed to house four people, to celebrate our friend's birthday. Due to us arriving quite early in the afternoon, because of miserable weather, we had settled down, sat on the floor and the sofas alike, and began to channel surf. In the end we found a film channel, one which had the second Scooby Doo film on, and a Plus One channel which was still playing the first. 


I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment