Tuesday 27 February 2018

27/2/18 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 27/2/18, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

Prompt Nine: 
"You guys are looking at me like you've never seen a travel mug filled with pasta before..."
"Wait... you've put pasta in a travel mug? Oh my GOD you are a GENIUS!"
"You do realise, letting it wallow in it's sauce will make it mush, right?"
"GOD stop being so pasta-aggressive and let me eat my travel mug pasta!"

This is based on a real conversation which took place during my screenwriting class. My classmate was running late and was therefore unable to eat her lunch, so her housemate dumped the pasta she had made into a travel mug and hey presto! The ingenious idea of taking pasta to university in travel mugs was established! Apparently it kept the pasta warm and it wasn't completely disgusting by the time my classmate had the chance to eat it!

Hopefully this prompt inspires something - even if it is just a smile
Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!
- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment