Sunday 18 February 2018

18/2/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 18/2/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 12/1/18 and ending today, 18/2/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

Battle Scars by Paradise Fears!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFaBmcCz_HU

This song has been one that I tend to listen to when working on pieces of work that focus on mental health. Or at least, when I feel that I can handle it. I absolutely love this song. It's very emotive and I tend to get emotional when listening to it.

This week I played it several times, as for homework, I am analysing messages about mental health in music to demonstrate the power of imagery and metaphors to go along with the physical symptoms of an issue. For an assignment I am doing for my coursework, I am writing prose about the experiences of anxiety and the first piece that I chose to start analysing first was this song. It is not as well known as Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots, and although it's an amazing song, I felt it was better to use lesser known music.

With it being on loop, I felt that this song earned the position of the Song Of The Week!

Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!


- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment