Sunday 11 February 2018

11/2/18 - Song Of The Week Sunday!

Song Of The Week Sunday:

Today, 11/2/18, is the day of the next instalment of Song Of The Week Sunday - where I will be sharing a piece of music that I listened to more than any other during the space of the previous. In this instance, from week beginning 5/1/18 and ending today, 11/2/18, the song I listened to the most was the following:

Future by Paramore!

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oScRBsOV6I

I have been a huge fan of Paramore since I was about fifteen years old, and the music from their self-titled album, Paramore resonanes with me just as much as it did back then. The power of this song in particular always seemed to take hold of me when I needed it to. For example, without being too personal, over the last week and a half my mental health has been worsening bit by bit again due to several uncertainties that are sparking issues with my anxiety.

I happened across this song this week because my music player was on shuffle and I was immediately sent back to the first time I truly ever listened to it; I was in Naples on a school trip and my best friend was dozing in the seat next to mine so I opted to listen to music. I tended to skip this song as the introduction was slower than some of the other pieces. But we were in for a long ride so I figured I might as well listen to it fully.

The lyrics had me completely entranced! It was like a state of existentialism to a rthym I couldn't yet predict! The song seemed so well-thought out! I was amazed by the way that the fade in and out was used and the depth of just having a period of silence, as if that was the end of the song but nope BAM more music. Almost as if it was telling the listener that their journey wouldn't end immediately, that fighting for the future is a long battle and it takes a while, you can pause with nothing happening for a while and still be fighting for what you want.

I personally thought it was beautiful.

I still think it's beautiful and for that reason, it went on loop for hours on end so I could just sway along and feel the embrace of "even if you don't think you're doing it, you are, you're making progress", even though I've spent half of the week in bed sick! ((Phsyically and mentally dead since Wednesday...fuuun))

I love this song! I hope you'll give it a listen!


Thank you for reading
And remember:
Per Ardua Ad Astra!


- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment