Tuesday 3 March 2020

3/3/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Today, 3/3/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #45:

"My best friend has found a clone of one of our other friends. He's been at her uni with her for three years. She never managed to get a photo of him. She just sent her housemate to try because their last lecture tomorrow and the clone is outside Starbucks."

The above is based upon a genuine experience that myself and my friends had. With myself and the majority of my social circle attending different universities, jotted around the country, we would constantly see faces in our peripheral vision that would instantly make us think of the friends we left in our hometown. Often, we would share the fact we'd seen clones of each other in our group chat. 

This was a more dramatic example, where one of my friends refused to accept the fact that there was another person that looked like him and insisted that we provide a photo in the spirit of "pics or it didn't happen" but social anxiety prevented my friend to turn to this stranger and tell him that she wanted a selfie with him, solely to show a friend that they looked alike. It would just be too weird! 

And thus, she sent the housemate to try and take a sneaky photo... It was apparently too blurry to be identifiable. 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading!

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment