Tuesday 17 March 2020

17/3/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Today, 17/3/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #47:

"I have exactly 37 pairs of novelty sunglasses and none of them appear to be apt enough for this scenario"
      "Can I have the sparkly parrot ones anyways?"
"Absolutely!"

The above conversation took place during the summer of my first year of university, where I participated in a volunteering event at a local school. Two of my friends and I were running a "Smash The Crockery" stand at the school's summer fete as we were deemed responsible enough to take care of children's health and safety, whilst there being enough of us to prepare, clean and maintain the stall. Due to its nature, it was relatively popular. 

However, toward the end of the fete, we were in a scenario where we were trying to capture the children's attention as they were rushing for one last go on the bouncy castle before it was deflated. In order to do so, we decided amongst ourselves to wear some of the novelty sunglasses I had brought with me in a tote bag. But attracting children's attention proved harder than we had anticipated, and thus, we kept having to change it up. 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading!

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment