Tuesday 25 February 2020

25/2/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Today, 25/2/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #44:

" I wasn’t ID’ed at the grocery store for all this alcohol because I was dressed up as a character from a 90’s cartoon and the cashier said if I was old enough to know who she was I was definitely old enough to be buying vodka… I’m 19, I just have siblings, dammit!"

The above is a quote from one of my friends, who had joined me on our way to a costume party. In order to be prepared for the events that would be coming during the night, we decided it would be best to buy some alcohol at the local Co-Op. We ended up leaving the shop at different times, me leaving first while she made a decision about whether she wanted to buy vodka and mixers or gin. 

Who needs the No ID No Sale rule when you're dressed like a cartoon from the 1990's? 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment