Tuesday 18 February 2020

18/2/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt

Today, 18/2/20 is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #43:

"Our table isn’t big enough for all of this alcohol. Hold my cider, I’ll grab the ironing board."
      "Oh my god the boy’s a genius!" 

The above was something which happened to take place at a friend's birthday party. Due to us deciding to hold a party for almost twenty people in a space only designed for four people, we ended up very much over capacity. Therefore, we had to improvise when attempting to make enough space for all of us to have our alcohol out, as it was getting spilt by us all holding it. My friend, Matt, managed to come up with the clever idea of producing an ironing board from behind the sofa and setting it up so we could use that to hold all of the bottles of vodka our party had accumulated. 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment