Tuesday 11 February 2020

11/2/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts!

Today, 11/2/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #42:

"Guess who used OTP fanart as a bookmark for a library book and returned it to university yesterday!"

The above is a genuine plight that I had. When I was in my final year at university, I had been struggling to multitask doing all of the required reading for my dissertation. I ended up having a frantic day, after maxing out the amount of time I could renew a library loan online, where I was skim reading as much reading as I could in one go, using anything I could as a bookmark. This included receipts, scrap paper, a notebook, a sheet of stickers, an old envelope which had had a parcel in it, and surprisingly, a piece of fanart of my OTP that I had purchased at comic con. 

Due to feeling poorly, I was unable to return the books to uni directly, and instead, tasked my housemate, and friend to do so for me. She noticed a protruding receipt from one book, but not the lilac background of the art, and I ended up realising that the drawing was missing and had to rush to university the next day and retrieve the book from the shelf, art in tow, and smuggle the drawing out of the library without anyone noticing. 

To say my friends and I were amused by my predicament would have been an understatement!

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading! 

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment