Tuesday 7 April 2020

7/4/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompts

Today, 7/4/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

Today is especially special as it marks the fiftieth week that I have shared a writing prompt inspired by my university experience! I'm so glad that this segment has been around for so long, I really enjoy sharing these quote prompts with you all! 

PROMPT #50:

"Someone just sent a glass of milk to our table? Do we have to pay for this?"

I'm sure many of you have heard of the joke of posting your table number and location on social media in order to get friends and followers to order food and drink for you at establishments like Wetherspoons. However, this wasn't one of those scenarios.

This actually happened on New Year's Eve. My friends and I were out at a Wagamamas celebrating a friend's 21st birthday before the night transitioned into a New Year's party. While we were waiting for our meals, a server came over with our drinks, which were varied, especially in such a large group. However, there was one drink which didn't belong on our table: a half-pint glass of milk, which had been ordered to our table by someone that was not us. 

Another patron at the restaurant had ordered us this milk, and billed our table for the milk! It was madness! 

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading!

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment