Tuesday 31 March 2020

31/3/20 - Happy Tuesday! University Inspired Writing Prompt!

Today, 31/3/20, is the next instalment of University Inspired Writing Prompts. Since my first year at university, I have been compiling a collection of writing prompts inspired by my time studying in Derby. I hope that these prompts help you create your own works!

All of these prompts are dialogue based, and are inspired by real conversations I have been part of whilst at university.

PROMPT #49:

"The bitch just poured red wine into a bedazzled Starbucks cup and I have never felt more envious of someone’s lifestyle choices before!"

The above quote was something that I had said, recalling some of the events of what happened after a day at Comic Con. I had been listing off the most bizarre, yet on brand things that my social circle and I had managed to end up involved with during that evening and thus ended up mentioning the antics of one of my friends attempting to be subtle by pouring their alcohol into a reusable cup! 

When they did it initially, all of us had been completely dumbfounded by the ingeniousness. It was a fantastic idea, and what made it more apt was that the cup was covered in silver dimonte crystals! An amazing choice!  

I hope that this prompt inspired something, even if it was just a smile! Feel free to check out my previous prompts by looking through the hashtags below! 

Thank you so much for reading!

And remember! 

Per Ardua Ad Astra!

- Imogen. L. Smiley

No comments:

Post a Comment